Seizing Possibilities

Seizing Possibilities
Seizing Possibilities

Friday, December 17, 2010

Protect your images!

Today, I’m going to get side-tracked because someone alerted me to the very easy task someone has to download photographs from Facebook and remove the copyright.   My daughter-in-law who’s wonderful at helping me and “watches my back” actually did it and showed me her results!  I wasn’t very pleased.    I do always try to reduce the pixel count to a 72 dpi but that isn’t really good enough, even one slip allows for complete ability to do whatever they want!   So I spent the better part of my evening removing albums from Facebook.  I have a bit more to do on Facebook to prevent thievery, but realized having a website becomes even more valuable.  I will link to my photographs there where they meticulously protect them, instead of posting them directly on Facebook.  That is helpful in itself bringing traffic and friends to a website where purchasing my photographs is made easy!  All-in-all it is a good revelation.  I’ll bring my fans on Facebook together with the art I do and help them with the ability to order the photographs they have always enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment