Seizing Possibilities

Seizing Possibilities
Seizing Possibilities

Friday, December 31, 2010

Ring out the old and bring in the new.

Follow Me...

Sunlit Path
The autumn and winter path that leads to spring and summer.









Since it is the final day of the year, I hope you have all taken time to reflect on the blessings and successes you found in 2010 and have forged ahead creating tangible goals for the coming year.   I have so much to be thankful for and I take a deep breath believing that 2011 will be a stellar year for me accomplishing the goals I have for myself as a photographer and personally.  Wednesday I listened to a good 30 minute video by Brian Tracy about setting goals; so if you want some good advice on how to go about setting some tangible goals, go ahead and watch it!

When the New Year arrives I decided that as an artist and art instructor I would begin writing in my blog and cover the five Elements of Art first, and then move into the five Principles of Art.  They all are basic concepts for consideration in being aesthetically pleasing in what you do. Some people just seem to have “an eye” for things, others can easily learn and we all can understand a bit more by learning these simple concepts which will help us refine what we do.  I especially want to begin to explore what they bring to photography.  Hopefully it will bring a new look into my own photography and will be of some help for you as well.   By looking more closely and thinking about these aspects of art I am believing it will help in the continual refining of my vision in a more clear and purposeful way.  Helping me to more fully know what I want it to bring to the viewer and how best to incorporate these concepts into my photographs to create a more evocative image.  I believe they will not only help me but also that they will help you to perfect what it is you do and have to offer as an artist.   Each of these can play a role and some are definitely more dominant than others in our vision; but generally, if we are aware of them we can more purposefully know what they convey, how they make us feel and whether we might want to emphasize one over the other to bring across what we as individuals are trying to say in our work.  Hopefully we can achieve a more clear vision for ourselves and those who enjoy our work by understanding these concepts.

Have a Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment